THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Are you an expert on explicit solver development for finite element software preferably in the Civil or Geotechnical space? Then we would like to hear from you! For DIANA FEA in Delft, an innovative global provider of leading/top-end specialist software solutions in the science & engineering domain, we are looking for an experienced senior Software developer that understands mechanical engineering and strives to improve the software.
DIANA FEA is committed to empower civil and geotechnical engineers to create a safer and more sustainable world. We believe engineers can make a difference by designing dams, bridges, tunnels, and other vital structures in such a way that they last longer, can be built with fewer raw materials, are more resilient to extreme natural events, and are safer for people and better for the environment.
As the senior Explicit Solver Developer, you are the key player to enhancing and architecting our Explicit Solver Developments and translate that into the appropriate Fortran 2018 code. You assure the high-performance nature of our solver within a diverse spectrum of civil engineering. Together with the rest of the team you make our solver(s) the global standard for Civil & Geotechnical engineering.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead the small customer with high-end technical support & consulting team
- Assist clients in issues with their numerical (FEA) modeling and analysis issues
- Find workarounds, or solutions to issues and communicate these to clients
- Collaboratively work with the software development team to fix bugs, give indications to increase user friendliness and help prioritize developments in DIANA software
- Lead testing activities of bugfixes and new software releases.
The Finite Element Software Developer we are looking for is foremost driven by technology, engineering and high-end computing. Next to that you have:
- Masters degree in engineering with a focus in geomechanics and structural fields, potentially HPC computer science.
- >10 years’ experience and solid understanding of finite element analysis methods
- > 5 years experience with explicit time integration schemes (HARD requirement)
- Experience with software development (preferable Fortran 2018)
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Familiarity with various aspects of parallel and high-performance computing is a pre
- DIANA experience is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, written and oral. Knowledge of Dutch or other languages are an advantage.
A challenging role to architect and build the world’s best Explicit Solver for the Civil & Geotechnical market. The salary for this position will be based on education, skills, experience and ambitions, and there is an attractive package of secondary benefits.
Diana FEA is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
If you have the necessary experience, in particular Explicit Solver Development and qualifications, please send your curriculum vitae and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.