Are you a client oriented (lead) engineer that can solve difficult operational issues within finite element software, and can you make the internal translation to improve the quality assurance? Then we would like to hear from you!
For DIANA FEA in Delft, an innovative global provider of leading/top-end specialist software solutions in the science & engineering domain, we are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer Support who understands the engineering and strives to improve the software.
DIANA FEA is committed to empower civil and geotechnical engineers to create a safer and more sustainable world. We believe engineers can make a difference by designing dams, bridges, tunnels, and other vital structures in such a way that they last longer, can be built with fewer raw materials, are more resilient to extreme natural events, and are safer for people and better for the environment.
As a Lead Engineer Support for DIANA FEA you are the key player who understands the engineering needs of the clients from a constructive point of view, while working with/on high performance software within a diverse spectrum of civil engineering. Together with two support engineers, you are responsible for the technical, difficult, comprehensive and specific issues of clients worldwide.
As the lead of this team you will also contribute to the quality of the software by pro-actively focusing on the quality assurance of the functionality of the software. You are the sparring partner for clients with particular issues, and you get excited from translating that into improvement specifications for the software package.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead the small customer with high-end technical support & consulting team;
- Assist clients in issues with their numerical (FEA) modeling and analysis issues;
- Find workarounds, or solutions to issues and communicate these to clients;
- Collaboratively work with the software development team to fix bugs, give indications to increase user friendliness and help prioritize developments in DIANA software;
- Lead testing activities of bugfixes and new software releases.
The Lead Support engineer we are looking for is foremost driven by technology, engineering and high end computing. Next to that you have:
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in civil engineering with a focus in geomechanics and structural fields.
- Solid understanding of finite element analysis methods
- Having some practical analysis and design experience in civil and geotechnical engineering would be seen as advantageous
- You have commercial talent, and you can deal with frustrated clients in a pleasant non-intrusive manner
- Problem solving experience with both clients and internally;
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software such as AutoCAD or Rhino, Plaxis, ABAQUS, Ansys or similar software products
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages is an advantage.
- Experience in a leading role is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, written and oral. Knowledge of Dutch or other languages is an advantage.
A challenging position with the possibility to grow into a lead/manager role. The salary for this position will be based on education, skills, experience and ambitions, and there is an attractive package of secondary benefits.
Diana FEA is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications, please send your curriculum vitae and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.