MODULE I-12: Seismic Analysis of Structures with DIANA
Couse Level: Intermediate (English Language)
Tuesday, 9th November (15:00>17:30 CET)
Thursday, 11th November (15:00>17:30 CET)
Cost: The cost of this course is €750. Additional discounts can be organised for group attendance (more than three persons), for more information please contact us.
Continuing Professional Development: Constructeursregister: 2 KE/PE-points*
- The aim of this course is to provide a general overview of the seismic analysis capabilities of DIANA, with particular emphasis on the dynamics specific modeling aspects and analysis types.
- Exercises: Compression wave propagation in soil medium (insight) & Earthquake on five-story building (insight)
The learning objectives of this course are:
- To recognize and discuss the dynamic specific modeling aspects (wave speeds, mass, damping, etc.)
- To discuss the characteristics of dissipative materials for dynamic, loadings and absorbing boundaries.
- To give an overview on the various dynamic analysis types and their specific outputs
Who Should Attend? Practicing engineers, and academics with a minimum knowledge of DIANA
Course Format: The course is divided into two sessions, each session will be approximately 2.5hrs in length, and will include lectures, live demos or insights, and discussions. DIANA will be made available to participants for the duration of the course.
About the Tutor:
Jonna Manie (MSc) graduated in 1998 from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, specializing in Dynamics. She has worked at DIANA FEA BV since 2000 as a DIANA kernel software development engineer, and is one of the editors of the DIANA User’s manuals.
* Continuing Professional Development
Registered (or chartered) designers, chartered engineers and registered construction supervisors (register-ontwerpers, register-constructeurs en register-toetsers) receive points for permanent education or entry to the Constructeursregister.
See other Events on our Events Calendar