As a Sales Engineer, you will respond to requests for pre-sales technical queries and other incoming sales leads. You will develop proposals, give presentations and demonstrations with a very strong focus on civil and geotechnical engineering applications, to help existing users, and to convert prospects to use the DIANA software solutions.
Based on achievements and capabilities, you will become an Account Manager for existing clients, and you will also develop business directly through distribution channels.
You will be working within a specialized software-centric solution Sales team, collaborating closely with Support Engineering, Customer Success, Product Management, and Sales Account Executives.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record, of 3 years or more, in engineering software sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and sales skills
- Strong personal motivation and good interpersonal skills – able to fit in with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Ability to leverage existing accounts, as well as the aptitude to develop new opportunities
- General understanding of structural/geotechnical analysis and finite element analysis software
- Experience in the construction and infrastructure market would be seen as advantageous
- Develop a sales pipeline, and forecast all revenue by effectively following the sales process and managing all opportunities in CRM
- Meet quarterly and annual targets as measured by activities and records
- Ability to work as part of an internal team across departments
- Ability to work with external partners where necessary to develop region and segment-specific markets
- Participate in relevant exhibitions, trade shows, and other events
- Minimum Bachelor of Civil/Geotechnical Engineering degree; Masters level or higher qualification would be seen as advantageous
- Solid understanding of finite element analysis methods and conventional software products
- Having some practical analysis and design experience in civil and geotechnical engineering would be seen as advantageous
- Commercial talent, and you can deal with people in a pleasant non-intrusive manner
- A creative self-starter. Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities
- Able to combine customer focus with being service-oriented and highly motivated
- A positive attitude, eye for detail, resourceful and inquisitive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to effectively present information to users and prospects via phone, web and face-to-face (Dutch, German, French languages in addition is a plus)
- Must be authorized to work in the Netherlands
- You will be based at our head office in Delft, the Netherlands – but an integral part of the position means that you may be required to participate in relevant exhibitions, trade shows, and other worldwide events
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office365 Suite is required
We will provide
- Competitive salary formed of basic pay plus commission and bonus components
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Flexible work from home vs office schedule
- Inspiring international environment.
- An environment where promotion is encouraged as the Company grows
- A direct reporting line to the Sales Director
If you have the necessary experience, please send your curriculum vitae and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.